We publish a range of reports, submissions, corporate documents and media releases.
Mai World - annual summary of engagements June 2018
30 June 2018
Mai World: Child and Youth Voices is a way for children and young people's views on a variety of topics to be heard by a range of audiences. Their voices can influence government and community decisions.
In the 12 months from July 2017 - June 2018, over 5,600 children and young people took the opportunity to provide their perspectives and opinions to us in seven separate engagements. This report gives a brief overview of the following:
1. Tama-te-ra Ariki
2. Ngā Manu Kōrero – Mana Mokopuna
3. Positive Connections to Culture
4. Ōtākaro Avon River Corridor Regeneration
6. ‘Have your say’; General issues leading up to the 2017 General
Education Matters to me Series
7. Key Insights
8. Experiences of tamariki and rangatahi Māori
9. Progress and Achievement
10. ‘If I were the boss’
13. Emotional wellbeing
This report includes many direct quotes from children and young people. You can view the full report below.