We collect email addresses and other contact details, together with any comments provided voluntarily via this website. We also collect information on what pages are visited and use this information to improve the site.
All personal information that you give us via this website will be kept confidential as required under the Privacy Act 1993. Your personal information will only be used for the purpose for which it was given, including for our own research or reporting and as otherwise specified on the website. Except with your consent or as required by law:
- you will not be identified in our research or reports
- we will not pass on your personal information to any other person or organisation, other than our agents or contractors who will deal with it on the same basis as us.
- your server address
- your top level domain name (for example .nz, .govt, .com, etc)
- the date and time of your visit to the website
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous website visited
- the type of browser used.
We do not identify users or try to identify users or their browsing activities except as required in the unlikely event of an investigation by a law enforcement agency.
The website is provided on an 'AS IS' and 'AS AVAILABLE' basis and without warranties or representations of any kind, expressed or implied.
You use the website and any linked website at your own risk, and we are not liable for any loss resulting from any action taken or reliance made by you on the website or any information or material on it.
Enquiries and Complaints
If you have any enquiries about our information gathering activities, or believe we have not acted in accordance with this Transparency Statement, you should contact us at the following address:
Office of the Children’s Commissioner
PO Box 5610
Or email: email@example.com